Thursday, July 26, 2012

The last four months...

In my last "Yes, they're homeschooled" post (four months ago), I was jumping for joy about our one-hundredth day of school.  That was a truly awesome day.

So, why has it been so long since I've written about my passion for homeschooling?

Weeeeellll....  To be completely honest, I kind of lost it for awhile there.  My passion, that is.  And perhaps my mind too.  Depends on who you ask.  :)

The truth is, for me, the last two months of school are the hardest.  I spent the first week in April fulfilling the testing requirements of our home state.  This year I decided to test my boys myself, rather than do so in a group setting.  It was a learning experience which I hope to perfect in the future.  But it all ended very well.

The test scores revealed that my boys are geniuses!!!!

Hahaha!  Just kidding.

But seriously, they are.

No, not really.

Well, sort of.

They did very, very, very well.

As their mother, I'd like to take full credit.  However, I will step aside and give that credit to their teacher.  Oh wait!  That's me.  :)

Hahahahaha!

Anyway...  once testing was completed, I felt less than motivated as we entered the fourth and final quarter of our school year.  It seemed as though we had reached the climax of our 2011-2012 learning adventure, and the remainder of our work was less than necessary.

We trudged through.  Although we spent much less time in the classroom, and more and more time on field trips (the zoo, the museum, the park, the movies, Chic-Fil-A).

We finished our school year on June 5th.  I had hoped to get in 150 school days, but we called it quits at 140.

I then spent the next 40 days recuperating.  By recuperating, I mean laying on the couch, watching TV, reading novels and eating bon-bons, of course.  In other words, nothing of educational value to my children.

So why am I blogging now?

Well.  I've spent every day this week making plans and preparing for our 2012-2013 school year.  And now I am getting really excited about our next educational adventure!

I'm researching subjects, creating visual aids, developing lesson plans, studying library books, and counting down the days til school begins.

We're starting our third year of homeschooling on August 20th.  I am really looking forward to seeing what this year has in store for us.

Expect more blogs, (hopefully) more often.

I pray blessings upon you in your upcoming homeschool adventures!

Happy Homeschooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment